Old February 20th 04, 07:14 PM
B2431

(Krztalizer)
Date: 2/20/2004 12:33 PM Central Standard Time

This brings 2 questions to mind.

1) if jets hadn't been successful that early would the aircraft have found a
militarily justifiable purpuse?

2) as thin as the saucer was what kind of useful payload could be expected?

Dan, by luck I happen to have my V-173 file out on my scanner to copy for a
Brit making a 1/2 scale flying model. One thing to note is that the disc was
NOT thin at all and there was a vast amount of internal space - plenty of
room
for a decent bomb-bay or weapons if a warplane variant was to be coaxed out
of
this technology study. What I always wondered is why this design wasn't
altered to use Jumo 004s embedded in the wings like the Horten?

Oh, yeah, thats because Jumos sucked

v/r
Gordon

All jet engines do.

Actually the prop wash was supposed to help its STOL characteristics.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired