Old January 18th 18, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default More 3's?

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 12:25:50 AM UTC-8, krasw wrote:

Sebastian Kawa commented that V3 was much better in final glide, and it was quite obvious just by watcing races. No doubt engineers at Schleicher are at drawing board as we speak. Currently only interesting thing is how V3 and JS3 compares, JS1 and '29 belong to previous generation.

With all due respect, the SGP racers are limited to same wing loading not the design limit of the 18 meter. So gliders with a bit more wing area are loaded heavier. One final glide I watched, the winning glider was 60 kg heavier than 2nd place, or so said the 2nd place pilot. I would want to see a final glide at all up weight before deciding which is better in glide.