Old October 19th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma[_2_]

Default KMBO Pracitice area "Performance values" - Video

I did this flight with a discussion in mind with another Sundowner
pilot. He was saying best he could do was 95 knots with 2400 RPM in
his Sundowner which I thought were awefully low performance values..

Discussion with him does make me think, am I getting the most bang out
of my 180 ponies??? Instrumentation views with text overlays show
what I shoot for under various flight conditions in this video.
Comments most appreciated here, in video or email.

Outside temperature was 40F at altitude and to be honest, I can count
on one hand how many times I have flown at this temperature so
needless to say it was pretty exciting to see the performance I was
getting. Climbout I was getting an "ear splitting" 1500 fpm with a 90
IAS. I actually had to back off the power to prevent penetrating the
floor of Charlie before contacting KJAN approach.

Video begins at runup and ends with shutdown. Less then stellar
landing on the first time (failed to "fly it to the ground"), so I did
a couple more and they improved with each landing. (3 total in this
video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ELOL2BI8E