Old April 19th 04, 07:11 PM
Peter R.

Peter Clark ) wrote:

I seem to recall checking two static ports in my 172SP - one just aft
of the cowling on the left side, and one aft of the door, left side.
Since it's got two holes, are they calling this a single port because
they plumb to the same line inside, or has an additional port been
added? Would blocking one of the two (since the line itself is still
vented to the outside) cause this, or would a blockage have to be
forward of the forward static port (where the lines merge) to cause a
problem?

Only the SPs that have a dual-axis AP have the secondary static port behind
the door on the pilot's side. The SPs without the dual-axis AP only have
the one port forward the door.

Random related question, is there some reason why are both ports on
the same side of the aircraft?

I do not know why.

--
Peter