Old May 28th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default EAA plans major building expansion?

Bob Fry wrote:
From an RV list:

I saw an interesting story this morning on the local news.
Apparently EAA is planning a 10 year project to expand the
Airventure grounds and build 2 new exhibit buildings. The current
plan looks to link the existing 4 buildings into two pairs buy
building a new two story building between them and updating the
existing buildings with the usual convention center amenities like
bathrooms. The city of OSH is talking about abandoning their
existing convention center downtown and teaming up with EAA to turn
Airventure grounds into a new OSH convention center.

I bring this up because a lot of people feel that EAA has become too
commercial and has forgotten their constituency. I know this is the
first I have heard of this and a quick search on Google turns up
nothing except a couple of the local news stories. I would think
that EAA would want to share such large initiatives with the members
before going full speed ahead.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea, and OSH could
certainly use the additional resources year around, but I would like
to know exactly how EAA feels this will help experimental aviation
advocacy and how they feel this will help the organization. This
isn't a cheap endeavor at 20 million and it's a lot of our EAA dues
going into it. My point to this is, if you are a member, let EAA
know how you feel about this being done whether it's good or bad.

http://www.myfoxnewisconsin.com/myfo...Y&pageId=3.2.1

http://tinyurl.com/67r7kl

Any time the city gets involved with the airport in a positive way it is
usually a good thing.