Old May 29th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
351DP

Default EAA plans major building expansion?

I have a friend on EAAs board that basically confirms that they are
expanding Airventure. I guess EAA makes 80% or more of their cash off
of Airventure and the board intends to focus on the event. Much of
this money comes from the big displays, I guess Cirrus, Cessna,
Lycoming and the like make a ton of money at the show. He also said
that one of the other folks on the Board is a former or present CFO,
CEO, whatever of either six flags or Bush Gardens Amusement parks.
The new plan includes some sort of tram, better bathrooms, more bells
and whistles: He didn't mention rides but get ready for a more Disney-
Like Airventure non the less.