Old September 12th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
John Godwin

Default A simple Flight to ACY

a wrote in

m:

I noticed you used the published check list. My own is
handwritten, with additions to it. For example, the landing
checklist has 'do minor clearing turns near airport' and 'check
gear down' is on it a half dozen times, including 'on short final,
check gear down, dammit!" (No, I never have landed with the gear
up, and don't intend to)

I wound up doing a checklist for our plane. The main thing was to
reorder a few items so you start from one side of the panel and move
to the other. I purchased some plain "Jepp size" paper so the
checklist and aircraft data would fit in my existing notebooks. With
the use of a word processor, it made it easy to read.