Old February 26th 13, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

Default Drones

http://www.vlab.org/article.html?aid=463

Following this link for a ways I discovered the amazing fact that you
can now purchase a complete
8 channel, GPS guided auto-pilot capable of landing, takeoff and
multiple pre-programmed waypoint flying for only $179.
This includes gyro, GPS, digital compass, accelerometer and high
performance barometric altimeter.
The software has been developed as a labor of love and is available
for free!
Not only that but the system is capable of controlling fixed wing,
rotary wing, multicopter, hovercraft and boats!
I can't imagine what could be done with this (peaceful uses only) but
it should spur some wild ideas.

http://store.diydrones.com/APM_2_5_A...r-apmpwrkt.htm