Old July 2nd 05, 12:07 AM
Dave Stadt

"Hilton" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dave Stadt wrote:

Hilton wrote:
Jay,
So WHAT is there to hate about EAA? I just don't get it.

Is it true that the EAA force people to become EAA members to attend
Oshkosh?

Hilton

Yep, they hold guns to people's heads and force them to pull out their
credit cards before they are allowed to enter. Not only that, they

hijack
people that are headed to Green Bay and force them to become members.

I assume your question is a troll but if it isn't.......no you do not

need
to be a member to attend. But if it was a requirement so what, it is an

EAA
event and if the decision was to limit it to EAA members so be it.

Wow - that's the second time I've been called a troll in as many months.

Anyway, moving right along... I decided to peek around a little and I

found
this line " You must be an EAA member to purchase a ticket" in:

http://www.avweb.com/news/osh2002/181590-1.html

So, either the article is wrong or the policy has changed since 2002. I
also remember a few other write-ups about this 'technique' to (at least
temporarily) boost the EAA membership. BTW: I'm not saying it is right or
wrong - I simply posted in response to Jay's comment "So WHAT is there to
hate about EAA?" - I'm sure there are people out there that don't like to

be
forced to join an organization just to attend an airshow.

Then they need to exercise their option to stay home. If you aren't willing
to support the organization, any organization, you are not welcome.