Old May 25th 05, 04:24 PM
Dave Butler

Dan Luke wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

Forget about the remarks, just use "VFR" as the requested altitude.

Interesting tip, Steven.

I just tried this and the Cirrus interface software refused it,
demanding an integer for the altitude. However, DUATS accepted it when
I used the direct, interactve connection.

I plan to file this again for a real trip this weekend to see how the
TRACON reacts. I suspect it's something they rarely, if ever, see.

I've had the clearance delivery guy here at RDU swear there couldn't possibly be
a strip for me if I'm VFR... followed by "oh, here it is...".

DGB