Old June 2nd 18, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Rigger who will pack a 20 year old chute?

Bob, great, you are a good mechanic and you don't have to drive to see clients. An old car and an old parachute might have a few notable difference, don't ya thunk? Just off the top of my head, if a car breaks it rolls to a stop. If a parachute breaks, your ****ed. I know glider pilots are notoriously cheap. If you can't find the logic in adhering to manufacturer and parachute association recommendations, or can't seem to find $100 per year to put toward a new chute then, I wish you a good day. Personally, my life is worth the cost...

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 6:36:40 AM UTC-7, Bob Whelan wrote:
More power to those folks who have more 'time limited' views on 'useful age of
stuff.' But please don't indulge in FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) as the
approved method for playing Life-Safety Police for those who have differing
views. Not only is it misguided (if arguably well-intentioned), but it's also
a dollar-expensive manner of living - if that's of any importance- and (also
arguably) likely diminishes one's 'life adventure quotient.'

Bob W.