Old July 24th 03, 05:18 AM
Tom Hughes

Default parking in Houston for a week

Do not really have specific info for you, but I am a frequent visitor
(ramp rat-photo) to Hooks and it looks like they have plenty of long
term parking. I will probably be out there tomorrow afternoon, and I
can ask for you. Hooks is a first class operation. A lot of military
training types frequent the field daily. Great blue-plate specials.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:59:47 -0400, Matt Emerson
wrote:

I'm planning to fly the old Mooney down to Houston this weekend or
next, and stay for about a week to visit in-laws and college friends.
The in-laws live near IAH, but I don't think I want to go to IAH.

Weiser looks the most inviting, but I understand that there's not a
lot of parking space for transients. I could go to Hooks easily
enough---do any locals know what the parking situation is there? I'd
be happy to pay something like $10--$15 a day to stay in a hangar, but
I don't know if anything like that is available.

I like the looks of Fletcher at Hobby, but that's on the other side of
town, and not too convenient.

Any advice would be most welcome.

--
Matt Emerson

SMSgt Thomas L Hughes (Ret)
210th PA. Vol. Inf
www.geocities.com/wallstreet/3958/penn210.html
"A transplanted Yankee deep in enemy territory"(TX)