Old September 29th 05, 08:55 AM
guynoir

I don't know, I've never tried it myself. I read about it either in RAH
or on some other group, like fly5k. I wouldn't be surprised if polytac
WAS pvc pipe cement. I suggested it because the OP said he was using it
for a non-flying bench welding project. It is very cheap and it would
be very easy to find out if it works well enough for a non-flying project.

Dean A. Scott wrote:

guynoir wrote:

Try PVC pipe cement.

That's a new one for me. Does this stuff "weld/melt" Polyesther the
same way it does Polyvinyl Chloride?

Does it come uncolored? If so, where? Local hardwares carry the
purple stuff, which would look rather ugly, especially if doing a
sail repair/patch.

I dislike Polytak as it discolors to yellow/brown over time and
tends to not hold patches well, even with copious amounts (diluted
50% with acetone) saturating the patch and repair area.

Dean A. Scott

--
John Kimmel

I think it will be quiet around here now. So long.