Old August 22nd 03, 09:01 AM
Owain Walters

Ian,

You can declare 3 tp's with a free distance on the
last leg. So you could set say Parham (start), York,
Lasham, Sutton Bank and then you could go back as far
South as your heart desires and claim whatever distance
you acheive.

Have you consulted your crew about this? BTW, 1000km
is possible in the UK as one was completed in a closed
circuit task out of Bicester. I think your more southerly
position would make it easier in terms of task setting
as you could get longer runs up and down the country.

Owain

At 07:06 22 August 2003, Tango4 wrote:
SC3 section 1.4.3 says that free flight TP's can be
declared post flight so
that puts that to bed. In theory you need a declaration
that says 'free
flight attempt'. I'll bet the OO argues that one!

So, does a free flight 750 qualify for a UK 750 diploma?

Ian