Old March 13th 04, 02:40 AM
George Ruch

"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Cub Driver wrote:

3. My understanding is that all Italian planes had "reversed" throttle
controls, i.e. the pilot pulled the throttle control back to get more
engine power, and pushed the control forward to cut engine power

Heck, why do you guys find this odd?...the Boeing B-29
Superfortress has throttles which you move aft (toward the tail)
to increase power...and this a/c was made right there in the
US!!...

But only at the flight engineer's station, which faces aft. I did a tour
through 'Fifi' when she was here in Clovis. The a/c, co-pilot and flight
engineer's throttles are all rigged in a conventional manner, i.e. forward
from the _operator's_ POV = increased power.

| George Ruch |
| "Is there life in Clovis after Clovis Man?" |