Old November 7th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
zatatime

Default Outside air temperature probe

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:40:19 GMT, Mike Spera
wrote:

I noticed a small crack starting from the probe about 2 years ago. Looks
like we stressed the WS when pulling off the cover. I really HATE to
stop drill it. It appears to be stable and not moving, so I may just
leave it alone and see what happens.

Mike

I had a similar issue except it was caused when I bumped it (very
lightly) when removing snow in below zero temps. My mechanic had some
very large flat washers and I drilled out the center and put one on it
(maybe one on the inside and outside, I'd have to check). Since then,
no more problems and no running cracks.

HTH.