Old July 20th 03, 11:32 PM
Chris W

Jay Honeck wrote:

Our own Mr. Durden has published a wonderful tale in the new AOPA Pilot mag
about the experience of watching his daughter, Amelia, solo a glider on her
14th birthday.

Speaking of gliders. I was wondering how much it costs compared to renting say
a 172. I am guessing that with out the big money eating hunk of aluminum the
propeller is attached to, a glider would be significantly less money to fly?
In flat land (Oklahoma, no slope soaring) how long can you keep it up on a nice
hot sunny summer day?

Chris Woodhouse
Oklahoma City

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania