Old December 30th 04, 06:24 PM
Randy Wentzel

Darrell Criswell wrote:
How important is the rudder to making Flight Simulator a realistic
experience. I want to use MS FS to assist me in taking flying
lessons. I wonder if the rudder will make the training more realistic
or does it really matter.

Thanks

Having some sort of rudder input is very important in FS2004, especially
for ground maneuvering and helicopter ops. You could probably get by not
having rudder for flying if you don't mind flying uncoordinated, and if
you don't plan on doing slips (for crosswind landings, etc).

I'm a pilot in "real life", and I get by alright just using a Logitech
joystick that has the twist in the stick for the rudder input.

Happy simming,

Randy