Old April 29th 05, 09:56 PM
gatt

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Hmm. One would have to work around his later days as a pilot, though.

Why? All the media speculation that he was drunk while flying turned out

be false, as were stories of his certificate having been suspended or
revoked.

I have a question about that. I've removed his name from the thread, and I
know people who knew him personally and had him as a dinner guest at their
house on more than one occasion. The guy had a rap sheet of DUIIs in
Colorado. Wouldn't the FAA normally review or yank somebody's ticket based
on that?

I understand in his case that they did not.

They may have, for "psychological" reasons, for an exceptionally
high-profile aerobatic pilot whose name I will not mention. Folks who knew
him personally, however, said the guy is/was a prodigeous drinker. I
always wonder if that was the real reason the FAA pulled his ticket.

=c