Old November 21st 20, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Campbell

Default COBRA Hydraulic Jack

On Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 12:53:27 AM UTC-5, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
This is an aside (but this is RAS after all) but I had to replace my (original?) leaky hydraulic jack and found that the bottle in the small floor jack from Harbor Freight is IDENTICAL. Wonders never cease.

I made a complete hydraulic system for my Cobra from off-the-shelf parts from McMaster Carr. If interested, I can send a parts list and photos to your e mail address. Mine is listed above. You will need a drill press and other aluminum metal-working tools (I have a band saw, but a hack saw will do the work too) and some mechanical building experience. If you have those, the total cost will be about $200 and a day's worth of labor. But then you will have a hydraulic jack for your Cobra trailer.