Old June 29th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

Default Cobra Trailer Hydraulic Jack Issue

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:06:04 -0500, "Paul Remde"
wrote:

the hydraulic jack used to lift the fuselage of the glider does not seem to
be functioning well. We can't pump it up to the highest position.

I've had the same problem. Do you have the "V" shaped metal lever on
the jack's locking nut? I mean, the one that _should_ automatically
switch the hydraulics of the jack from "up" to "down"?

If it's not precisely adjusted on the nut, and/or it doesn't bear the
correct angle in the metal V braces, it won't work as intended.

You probably need to adjust it, or to shorten one of the braces, or to
remove it and install a very simple circular knob.

Aldo Cernezzi