Old November 21st 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe. You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

Perhaps you are both right depending on what you mean by
"produced". The final assembly is done only in France, but
components and assemblies are produced across Europe.

The statement being discussed was "I thought all the big parts of the
380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain." which is
clearly true. Not final assembly but parts manufacturing. It's taking
place in several countries. And that appears to be the source of their
current problems: different design software in different plants that
was incompatible.