Old October 11th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger (K8RI)

Default crazy approaches

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 09:12:22 -0400, "Doc" wrote:

That would be the VOR/DME TACAN Z RWY 15 approach for Baltimore/Martin State
(MTN) no straight segments in approach at all!

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
buttman wrote:
My flight school, got a new Frasca simulator which has every airport in
the world in it's database. I want to be able to make my students fly
all sorts of weird/unusual/difficult approaches, but the only
approaches that I am familiar with are the ones around here.

There was this one my instructor gave me when I was getting my
instrument which had a DME arc to the MAP, then the missed approach
procedure was a climbing right turn to a VOR radial to track, then a
hold at an intersection nonstandard turns. I have no idea which
approach it was, but it was very crazy. What are some interesting
approaches I can throw at my students?

Sounds like that one-of-a-kind DME ARC approach somewhere in Maryland.

As I recall, TVC (Traverse City MI) has/had a DME ARC to the ILS with
a climbing left turn on the missed to the VOR 5 mi south.

Not weird, just not common around here

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com