Old May 20th 04, 05:08 PM
OXMORON1

Walt wrote:
BTW, on the deck 760 mph is close to .1M (STP), so when
your car is showing 76 mph, you're buzzing along at about .1M. (For
interstate travel, 75 mph is 12.5 miles in 10 minutes . . . we just
completed about 6000 miles of driving where I used this sort of mental
T=D/R to predict ETAs thus boggling my better half. Same sort of calcs
can be used ina light plane such as C152 . . . 6gph = 1 gal in 10 min,
90KTS = 1.5 nm/min; 120(tailwind)=2 nm/min. As above, use the
calculator if things look tight. (If they do you've screwed up.)

Glad I am not the only one running continuous ETAS while cruising down the
Interstate :-) Drift gets to be a bitch though!
Habit! Ingrained by instructors who are really old farts now!

Rick Clark
MFE