Old September 12th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New Transponder Comparison Table

Hi John,

Thanks for the very nice tip. I hadn't thought of adding the altitude
encoder current. It does make the TT21 even more attractive. I will add
that to my comparison table.

When including the current for the altitude encoder the TT21 uses less than
half the current. Wow!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"jcarlyle" wrote in message
Hi, Paul,

Very nice initial effort on the comparison table. One thing - while
you do make it clear that the Trig has a built-in encoder, and you
make clear that those transponders without encoders cost more when you
consider the encoder, you do not show the added current draw that an
encoder will add to the transponder system. Your current figures,
standby and typical, are for the transponder alone. Considering that
an ACK A-30 encoder will draw at least 0.1 amps, and can go as high as
0.4 amps, when you add those to the Becker current figures you can see
just how efficient the Trig TT21 is as a transponder system.

-John

On Sep 11, 11:47 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have recently had several inquiries for information comparing the new
Trig
TT21 to the Becker ATC 4401. I have created a comparison table
hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/trans...nder_Compariso...

Let me know if you have any suggestions for improving it.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.