Old September 5th 04, 06:13 PM
Leadfoot

I would have added the Lookout area on Harris Grade road just outside of
Lompoc

http://tinyurl.com/6qf7e then hit city to widen the map and right where the
G in Harris Grade road is where the lookout is located

It's a great place to hear and FEEL the roar of the rocket, You can also
see most of the lauch sites with the exception of the SLC4 (Titan) and SLC6
(Athena former Space shuttle)) which are hidden behind the hills. Fog can be
a problem although usually your above it at that point in the road

"Brian Webb" wrote in message
news
Hi All:

I maintain a web site with unclassified information regarding rocket and
missile launches from Vandenberg AFB.

After several weeks of work, I have finished extensively revising and
expanding my Viewing Vandenberg AFB Launches page
(www.spacearchive.info/vafbview.htm).

I would appreciate it if those of you interested in observing Vandenberg
launches would read this page carefully for technical accuracy and to
identify topics not addressed and other problems.

Regards,

Brian W.