Old August 20th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Interesting, but off topic

a wrote in
:

On Aug 20, 8:41 am, "The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
Am I the only one that has notice that 95% of our traffic in the past
12 hours, has been nothing but Bertie, Dudley, Mx and the related
cross posting kooks discussing anything to make noise, and certainly
not aviation.

I hope others are taking note of this as well. Dudley's new found
relationship with Mx alone is really very revealing.

Looks like Bertie is not the only one trying to kill the group.

Simply respond to aviation related issues, no matter who posts them,
and ignore the delinquents spraying graffiti around the group. It
won't modify the maxis, berties, or mx's behavior, but ignoring/kill
filing the crap will go a long way to preserving the peace of mind of
the other posters.

Or, of course, use a moderated group. In spite of Mx's contention that
they restrict conversations, they are quite worthwhile. If one finds a
thread of interest it can be extended with any of the IM services
privately, or among the three or four who find the topic interesting.
Yahoo IM in conference mode works very well for that. The issue is
simply that the IM aspect provides information exchange in a private
way, not a public forum. The people who are abusing RAP would gain no
pleasure out of doing it privately, their joy comes from the public
display of their ethic.

We found some time ago there was much to be learned about someone by
simply playing 18 holes of golf with them. There's probably even more
to be learned about their character if one learned of their posting
habits on these groups.

Just as well since there is no way you're getting me to play golf.

Bertie