Old August 3rd 05, 11:22 PM
Eric Greenwell

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:
"ttaylor at cc.usu.edu" wrote:

I look up the handicaps to see how the Ventus B stacks up when I
find this:

Ventus B .885
Ventus 2A .895
Ventus 2B .900
LS6 A/B/C .900
ASW27B .907

What am I missing here?

I'm not sure where you got your handicaps, but I found a
similar oddity. My Ventus C with a B fuselage (large) has a
worse handicap (CH2003) than with the A fuselage (small).
The best answer I could come up with was that the B fuselage
weighs more than the A, giving it a higher wing loading.
Presumably the handicap was supposed to be adjusted for
actual weight relative to the listed weight. Your handicaps
still look odd.

The list Tim used is bizar An ASW 20 has a handicap of .900; an ASW
27 is .907! And try to get the DG 400 pilots around here to believe
this: DG 400(17) = .869; ASH 26 E = .875! If these handicaps were used
in the OLC, I'd be doing a lot better.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA