Old March 5th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Taxi speed

When the 747 entered service, the pilots used the inertial
nav to control speed, because it was said, that it was too
hard to judge the speed visually because of the high cabin.
I a straight line, you can taxi fast, but no airplane
corners like a F1 race car.

Slower is better.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
| Hilton wrote:
| Hi,
|
| What is the normal and maximum taxi speed (in knots) for
an RJ, 737, and 747
| in normal operations?
|
| As an airline passenger, I typically see ~ 15 MPH (~ 12.5
knots) on my
| handheld GPS, with the occasional 20 MPH leg on a long,
straight
| taxiway. In my Spam can, the GPS groundspeed typically
shows ~ 10-12