Old April 25th 05, 03:33 PM
ZikZak

On 4/22/05 12:13 AM, in article
, "Richardfl"
wrote:

When performing off airport helicopter operations in controlled
airspace what is the proper radio procedures/calls when taking off
after a few hours on the ground? Should I just call with my position,
stating i am off airport requesting take off clearance?

Thanks

Richard

I fly a seaplane out of a lake within class D. It's a similar situation.
You're expected to contact the tower as soon as practicable after takeoff:

Consult FAR 91.129: Operations in Class D airspace.

(c) Communications. Each person operating an aircraft in Class D airspace
must meet the following two-way radio communications requirements:

(2) Departing flight. Each person departing‹

(ii) From a satellite airport without an operating control tower, must
establish and maintain two-way radio communications with the ATC facility
having jurisdiction over the Class D airspace area as soon as practicable
after departing.