Old September 13th 15, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GeneReinecke

Default Soaring in Australia in March

Hello:
Planning a trip to Australia in March, 2016. Got permission from she who's name shall not be uttered for 3-4 days of soaring during the trip. With Sydney or Melbourne as a gateway (Yarra River Valley anyone?) I am looking for info on flying dual and possibly supervised solo in a foreign land.
First, is there still good flying in March (roughly equivalent to our September in the north)? Have been watching OLC to see volume, type of flying done at various clubs.
Next, looking for recommendations for clubs with decent cross country two seaters I can get some coaching at.
Will need to see if my US glider commercial certificate carries any water in the Antipodes. I am certain my CFI will not as I will be in full student mode for the duration.
Current in Grob 103s and marginally in ASW-20C.
Please advise.
Gene