Old December 20th 12, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

In contrast, Winscore was designed "from the ground up" as a scoring program specifically for US competition. It is supported "locally" and Guy Byars is obviously committed to keeping Winscore current.

Why change? Lets keep things "Made in the USA"!

Hey, leave me out of this one!

I agreed to upgrade Winscore for 2013 to score using the IGC/FAI rules in addition to the US-SSA rules. I have had requests for this in the past, and it is a good improvement to the program regardless of the current debate.

I plan to have any distance (radii SMTD... etc) specified in the IGC rules in km to be a user input. That way the program can be used by the purists, or those that want things specified in convenient statute miles.

Scoring software is not an issue in this debate.

Guy Byars