Old January 14th 05, 04:37 PM
Nicholas Kliewer

Oops, I confused the comment from the OP.
Scratch the first two sentences.

-Nick

Nicholas Kliewer wrote:

Congrats on passing the written!

I would have suggested taking the exam a little closer
to taking your checkride -- just to be extra prepared
for your oral. That being said, there are advantages
for taking it early on too.
1) You won't have to have as much "learn ground school
while under the hood" as I did.
2) You now motivation to finish because you have a time
limit (must retake the written if you do not take your
checkride within 24 months).

In November, I took (and passed) the ASEL Instrument
checkride. My primary instructor told me to get at least
100 hours TT under my belt before starting on instrument
training. I can see why. But I wish that during my
cross-counties while building my hours before I started
my instrument training, that I had paid closer attention
to holding altitude and heading. If you can peg those
before starting your instrument training, you will be
well ahead of the game.

Good luck,
Nick Kliewer
Plano, TX

Qubit wrote:

Congrats! I would love to read about your (and others) experience on
getting the instrument rating. I am a new private pilot and I am just
starting to build up cross-country hours. Towards the end of summer I
will start instrument training.

Cheers,
david
Santa Fe, NM

In article , NW_PILOT
wrote:

I Passed My Instrument Written Today.

I took a Practice test today befor the actual I scored mid 96's nerves
kicked in I guess! I got an 85 I can live with that.