Old August 27th 08, 01:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default From the other side of the world - 1 attachment

JRW added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

But nobody likes the US.

Get lost Brit! Oh GAWD, I don't want to insult the rest of the
Brit's, Get lost Peter from plus.net.

JRW, it's been 20 years since I last traveled across southern
Ontario from Windsor to whatever town is on the Canadian side of
Buffalo, NY. Never did find anything to like nor did I
particularly like the parochial views of Canadians I worked with.
I was stationed in (West) Germany in the U.S. Army circa 1971 and
found both the country and the people delightful. In those days
it was often difficult to find Germans who could speak English
and wanted to but I never had much trouble. Ditto in Austria. I
spent a week in Paris and while I really loved the city and its
sights, I couldn't stand the people - far too full of themselves,
arrogant, and anti-American. Later when I had to work with
Parisiams from Dassault Systemes I found them equally obnoxious.
And, I spent a week in London going to all the famous spots.
Again, I really loved the city and especially loved the people.
They were warm, outgoing, and friendly. While they had
justifiable national pride, they expressed no anger toward
"Yanks".

So, it's difficult to generalize about these countries but fast-
forwarding to modern times it does seem that all too many
countries and their people seem to want to forget about the great
alliance that got everybody through WWII in victory. But, these
same people seem ready to meddle in our internal political,
economic, and military affairs when their own are hardly paragons
of virtue.

This is an international NG. That is what makes it great. I see
no reason why anyone should openly disparage another country with
a blanket statement like "I went to the dark side." That sort of
bigotry has no place in what should be an enlightened world.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	American Planet Military Humor Cartoon Map.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	28125