Old November 8th 03, 01:22 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Teacherjh wrote:

Back when I started out, the difference was night and day. However NOS has
gotten better, and now there is not enough of a difference (IMHO) to justify
the cost difference.

What cost difference? I get the northwest express which by subscription
is $20/update (I think I'm paying about $16/ea). To get the approximate
same coverage (all of Oregon, where I live) by NOS requries 3 low altitude
enroute charts and a booklet, which is about $20 if you mail order
(including shipping, eg from mypilotstore.com). You could skip one or
two of the low altitude charts if you didn't want to fly east, bringing
it down to $16 or $12. California is similar. More expensive for the
Jepp express but you need 2 NOS books to cover it and also 3 charts (again,
you can probably get by with just L2/L3).

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/