Old September 30th 15, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Practical Wave Flying - Revised Edition

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 10:36:04 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
I'm reading 'Practical Wave Flying - Revised Edition' by Mark Palmer Copyright 1989 That's 26 years old.

Is there anything considered out-of-date or outright wrong in this book? Are there new areas of relevant knowledge that are not touched upon by this book?

This is supplemental reading. (I'm not trying to teach myself how to fly wave without practical training.)

Good Morning,
Thanks for your post. Mark Palmer's book has been updated several times - I am the editor and publisher of the more recent editions under the banner of the 'Gliding Mentor' series of books. The most recent edition is copyright 2013.

If you like, send me an email with your email address and I will send you a .pdf file of several pages of the 2013 edition, which will give you an idea of the many illustrations and such that have been added over the years.

Also, another book in the Gliding Mentor series - 'Riding On Air: Ridge, Wave, And Convergence Lift' by meteorologist and triple diamond glider pilot Rolf Hertenstein is very much worth a look, IMHO!

Safe Soaring,
Bob Wander

soarbooksATatATaol.com

replace ATatAT with the usual at sign for your reply.