Old March 18th 04, 02:31 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:49:41 GMT, Dave S
wrote:

Without getting too much into your business, make sure this doc did
everything right.. the labwork, the EKG and the Chest Xray. Look at the
AOPA site regarding hypertension and make sure your ducks are in a row..
it may allow you to renew your next medical a little easier.

I think mark has it right.
First, call the AOPA and discuss it with them. They can not only tell
you what you will need at your medical, but they will evaluate the
medications as well. You can also download a PDF that informs your DR
of what information is needed.

There is nothing about a Chest Xray for just high BP.

I was diagnosed with mild hypertension. My DR put me on a med to
lower the BP and another to lower the borderline cholesterol.

About 6 months later and right before my medical was due, I went in
again, had the periodic BP checks, the ECG (used to be EKG) and the
blood work. BP is good and cholesterol is perfect. I also lead a
very active life style with a lot of exercise.

Sailed through the exam. AME told me to expect a letter in 60 to 90
days that would probably request another set of tests prior to my next
medical, but there shouldn't be any problems.

Of course with the FAA you never know for sure.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dave

Steve Robertson wrote:
Can anyone list or point me to a list of blood pressure medications that
the FAA will accept for a 3rd class medical? My regular doc will likely
start me on meds next week and I want to know what's okay and what's
not.

Thanks!!

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Beechcraft A23-24 Musketeer