Old April 23rd 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
K Baum

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Here are a few high points, in no particular order, for those who may
have missed the show:

Jay, thanks for the post. I was only there for two days, and it is
great to "relive" the show through your post. This was the first time
there for me, and I had read in various places that the attendance has
been steadily declining. Thanks for that perspective.

- Attendance early in the week was waaaay down from the other years we
attended.

- Light Sport Aircraft were EVERYWHERE. We were able to take a close
look at Cessna's new LSA (and their next generation GA plane), but
they were overshadowed by the European manufacturers, who seemed to
have an LSA in every shape and size, no matter which direction you
looked.

So true about the LSA,s. Took a ride in the Legend Cub, and I can
definetly see why they cant keep up with the orders. And IMHO the
workmanship outclassed the stuff from Eastern Europe. I was facinated
with all the VLJ,s. My budy and I were offered jobs at both the
Eclipse tent and the Diamond tent. It seems that they have some pretty
low time pilots who are ordering these jets, so they have set up a
pilot mentor program for new owners to fly with experienced pilots for
awhile. I think the insurance companies are playing a big role in this
program.
To go off on a "Mini rant", as you put it, there was no Honda Jet
(Although they had a huge display of Honda generators, go figure). I
own a big chunk of HMC stock, and it would have been nice to see where
my investment was going .

As an added bonus, got some good deals on avionics, and the WX was
better than OSH. Thanks again for the post.