Old September 25th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default F-14 makes last flight

The oldest F-14 in the squadron was 159600/AJ-111. The last I heard it
was scheduled to be broken up at Oceana.

Walt

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:08:26 GMT, "Mike Dennis"
wrote:

"Tiger" wrote in message

Yahoo! News
F-14 Tomcat makes ceremonial last flight

By SONJA BARISIC, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 18 minutes ago

The F-14 Tomcat, the dogfighting...snip

It's kinda sad how this type of thread is what this group was built around,
but now hardly anyone even looks at it. It's one of the few military
aviation threads on here. The rest is crap people should be churning out on
blogs. But then, no one wants to hear what they have to say anyway and
would never visit their sites. So I guess we're just stuck with this and
the old killfile....

BTW, it's sad to see the old 'cat go. It was truly an awesome weapons
system flown and maintained by a lot of quality people! With the reputation
it has, there's bound to be a Tomcat II a few generations down the road. It
would be nice if it were manned, but that seems unlikely.