Old July 29th 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

I for one really don't care if you post in Jpeg, YEnc, or finger-painting.

However, I occasionally post pics here to SHARE with others of the same
interest, and occaisionally to show off
my "hopefully" improving photography skills. With that said, I am
interested in making my posts available to
the widest possible audience.
yEnc might indeed be a better way to compress and post picture files.... so
what? Isn't the point of posting your photo's
to share it with a wide audience?
yEnc is, for the most part, more difficult to use. The masses tend to use
only a few popular programs for news groups (yes.. the most popular is OE).
It sure seems silly, and a grand waste of time, to insist on posting in a
format that the VAST majority of your audience cannot access.
It realy doesn't waste my time.... but it sure seems like a waste of
yours...

It's funny too, that most people who act like such big shots on an anonymous
forum would probably crap themselves trying to mount the courage to speak
this way to each other in person.

Like I said, yEnc, Jpeg, fingerpaint.... whatever makes you happy.... It
just seems so...... dumb.

Glen in Orlando