Old May 16th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Santa Monica Showdown: City v FAA

On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:32:31 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 15 May 2008 16:44:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote
in
:

its time to pursue the highest and best public use of the land.

Are you aware of the revolution in air-taxi services occurring in the
nation's southeast? Here's a clue:
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200805/dayjet

Those municipalities that have converted their airports to strip-malls
will be frozen out of the future of air travel, or have to use their
powers of eminent domain to build new airports. Neither prospect is
likely to be attractive to their residents.

Larry, while I hate to see airports screwed with I don't think you
should use a very close to failed business venture as an example of why
they should stay.

What leads you to believe that SATSair is close to failed? While
DayJet may not be turning a profit with VLJ operation, SATSair is
using SR-22s, and doing okay last I heard.