Old September 25th 05, 02:03 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Combo Deals -- Do they work?

Opinions, please!

(No one on Usenet has any of *those*, right? :-)

We're considering putting together a combo deal with a couple of other local
airport businesses, along the following lines:

1. Come to Iowa City and stay the weekend in one of our aviation themed
jacuzzi suites...
2. While you're here do your BFR with _________, a local CFII...
3. While you're here, have your aircraft annualed by ___________, a local
shop with 40 years experience...
4. Any other suggestions? Tickets to a football game? Dinner at the Old
Capitol Brew Works?

Of course the package price would be very attractive -- much less than
normal.

I've seen these kinds of things for "Overnight IFR Training" and "Weekend
Ground Schools" -- but do they work? Anyone ever done anything like this
before?

Would you feel comfortable having a strange shop annual your plane? (Or is
that actually a selling point, having "new eyes" check things over?)

I've talked to a couple of CFIs, and my favorite shop, and they're
interested in trying it -- but I don't want to waste their money if the
consensus here is that it's a dumb idea...

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA