Old September 25th 05, 04:33 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:zexZe.366651$_o.277188@attbi_s71...
Opinions, please!

1) I'd be hesitant to take my plane to somewhere far, far away for annual.
Let's say there is something that renders the aircraft unflyable, and it
can't be fixed for a couple of weeks. This means I have to find
transportation home and transportation back to Iowa City to get the airplane
when it is repaired. Beyond that, I really, really want to eyeball any
problems identified by the IA. Also, I want to have enough face to face
time with the IA to make sure he's doing an annual, not restoring my
airplane to like new condition.

2) Find someone with a taildragger. Create a "taildragger pilot in a
weekend" package. Tailwheel instruction is becoming very hard to find (at
least in North Georgia) these days. Especially if you don't want to pay
$175/hr.

3) I'm not a big fan of combo deals. Usually, whoever puts 'em together
scrimps in an area where I'd spend, and spends in an area where I'd scrimp.
I tend to do better when I put together the whole enchilada.

KB