Old September 25th 05, 06:02 PM
Martin Hotze

On 25 Sep 2005 16:08:58 GMT, Blanche wrote:

George's idea of offering to non-US pilots is very attractive.

ever asked foreign pilots about this?
how many renters are on site? if you don't have at least 3 renters within a
2 or 3 hours driving distance (or even less), you lost. Do you have a
reasonable connection to one of the big hubs to bring in the foreigners?
Atlanta? Chicago? Detroit? NY? (to name a few).

what are good arguments for this area? weather? area (restriced airspace)?
scenery?

I'd
also recommend it as a stop-over for people doing those "see the USA"
type trips. Iowa City (and Iowa in general) is a nice, middle-of-the-
country stopping place.

Not knowing anything about Jay and his hotel it would never come to my mind
to point the nose of an aircraft to Iowa City. Knowing Jay I really must
have some spare time to do it.

#m

--
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html