Old January 6th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Resource for choosing a plane?

Montblack wrote:
: wrote)
: In almost all situations (except for all-out automotive performance and
: aircraft useage), turbochargers on gasoline engines are a dumb idea. I'm
: not opposed to owning an aircraft with one, but it would be
: turbo-normalized at most... no full-time turbo since you have to throw
: away HP with CR just to gain it back (and burn more fuel, require more
: octane, and cook your jugs).

: What is CR?

Compression Ratio. The TSIO-360 runs I think a 7:1 compression ratio vs. the
8.5 (8.9?)-ish for the normally-aspirated Lyc IO-360.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *