Old August 19th 03, 02:48 AM
Blueskies

What are they using for fuel?

--
Dan D.

..
"Holger Stephan" wrote in message news
Thanks to Corrie, John and Scott! Your answers are read by Sue and her
husband and they gave following response:

"Some of the info was helpful and there are a lot of great ideas. As usual
- there is an upcoming event in less then ten days and we are trying to
make it. Maybe the following info will help - I'm not sure, well I just
seem to be asking so much of this wonderful group... but here it goes...
To answer a few questions: The guy we bought the engine from was a very
well known boat racer. He said the carburetor was from the packard v-12
2500 cubic inch pt boat motor. He gets the carburetor's from another
source and has always placed them on the engine with-out any problems
since the carburetor's arrive brand new. OK the following is directly from
my husband's mouth: "The problem I am having -I prime the engine, I fire
the engine, it starts, runs for about ten seconds and then backfires
through the carburetor and then shuts off. I have gone through the
procedure of letting the carburetor soak with gas in it as the rebuilt
manual for the engine stated. We tried adjusting the fuel mixture, fuel
pressure, engine timing and got it to run for a longer period of time but
then without touching the trottle the rpm started winding the engine up to
and over 3000. I had to use the kill switch." When the "beast" ( my name)
finally starts - I'll snap a picture and send it through. Hopefully it
will be an allison flying down a dirt track - of all things!"

Sue's address is sldaku a t sunlink d o t net (she gave permission to post
it).

So, it's 10 days to get that allison go fly again!

- Holger