Old April 22nd 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dale Alexander

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

- Sun N Fun isn't Oshkosh -- nothing can come close to OSH -- and
that's a good thing. It's a fantastic fly-in, and is just different
enough to be worth doing without stealing any thunder from
AirVenture. I wish it were earlier in the spring, but I understand
why they have pushed it back to April -- the weather is just TOO
unpredictable in February/March to guarantee attendance.

Thanks Jay. I felt like I'd been there.

I had a similiar experience years ago in the San Francisco bay area. The
Blue Angels (very sorry to hear of their recent loss) were coming to town
for their air show at Moffett Field. Not wishing to stand sardine-like with
400,000 other people, I elected to go to an airshow that was out in the
valley (Turlock I believe) also on the same weekend. 5,000 people tops, no
wait to view static displays and everywhere was a front row seat to the
show.

The road less traveled made all the difference...

Dale Alexander