Old October 7th 03, 12:38 PM
Barnyard BOb --

GEEEEEEE You are getting old if that is the only rise out of you for saying you
sounded like Paul Lamar...I would have thought the ground would have shook.

BFG

Few will believe this....
But, my blood pressure stays flat through all this RAH stuff UNTIL....
somebody says something truly funny. Yep. I can be caught rolling
on the floor at 3, 4, or 5 AM.

I also believe the Mazda would be a good choice but not for the inexperienced.

The crux of the matter is there are few as gifted at Tracy Crooks.

My whole point is that auto engines can be successfully adapted for aircraft
use, not just the Mazda, IF you know what you are doing.

Super humongous... "IF".
And where is the financial responsibility coming from?
Your personal assets ?

No insurance company wants to write a low time pilot, with no time
in type, playing test pilot with a one of a kind homebrew engine.
They'd have to be as nuts as the builder/pilot/engine combo.

I don't believe it
will be significantly cheaper and that is proven by the cost of the many
conversion engines on the market.

Those that believe otherwise are delusional and should not even
be allowed near a wrench, torch or hammer. However, this is where
most of the boos and hisses come from. Yes, I'm speaking in
generalities, but it is GENERALLY TRUE.

It should also not be done by anyone that
doesn't have the knowledge to do the maintenance on the engine, anytime and
anywhere.

Bob Reed

FIRST...
You have to get past the engineering obstacles before you can
even think about a maintenance program. For my money,
the R & D never ends and therefore....
passengers should not be put at risk in this kind of experimenting.
This is an area of risk that insurance companies are loathe to write.

If I'm wrong, show me where.

Barnyard BOb --

Barnyard BOb --