Old October 7th 03, 07:06 PM
Michael

Kevin Horton wrote
If you stick with a "standard" aviation engine and prop, there is no
guarantee they will be problem free, but at least the usual problem areas
are well known and you should be able to watch out for them. If you go
with a "non-standard" engine and/or prop you don't know what problems to
look out for, so you can get bit, as happened in this case.

In fact, if you just stop experimenting and do things the way everyone
else has always done them (the "standard" way), you avoid lots of
problems.

Now excuse me - I'm going to lunch, so I need to sharpen my spear.

Michael