Old September 23rd 11, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Group Activity

"Jeff R." wrote

Thanks Jim.
Its a well-trodden path, with enthusiastic proponents on both sides.

A- Well there you go. Since this site has been inactive, I had not gone
elsewhere to see this discussed

Slats seem to work great within a very narrow window, but with weight, drag,
complexity and cost penalties.
VGs seem (!) to do almost as well with little downside.
It difficult to find a definitive answer. Each side seems too committed to
their solution to be impartial.

Sigghhh.
I guess I keep looking for builders who've done it.

Interesting. What does Chris have to say on the subject? (as if I need to
askg.)

Let us know what you find out.

-- Jim in NC